Tips For Packing And Traveling With Your Jewelry
There are a number of things that you can do when you’re ready to make a trip with your jewelry, whether you’re moving to a new home or if you just tend to travel very often. When you get to your destination, you want to ensure that your jewelry stays in a good condition anywhere you move them around.
We’re going to show you some of the things you can do in order to properly package and transport them.
- Get a travel jewelry case, that cater specifically to your needs. It helps to keep them from getting tangled or scratched and it allows your jewelry to remain in a good condition.
- You can use drinking straws to prevent necklaces from tangling. You can insert one end of the necklace through a drinking straw and close the clasp. If the necklace is chunkier or eccentric, you can use a toilet paper tube instead of a straw.
- Use a safety pin to poke holes through an index card and then you can insert the earrings into the holes, sealing their backs. Place the card in a cloth and fold it up to keep it safe.
- You can use buttons to do the same things as you did with the index cards. Insert the earrings through the holes and seal their backs.
- Take small pill boxes or old prescription pill bottle and use them to store your rings, earrings, small bracelets and necklaces.
- If you have small sealable snack cups, you can use them to store items of jewelry as well.
- Small, sealable plastic balls are always a good option for storing and separating your jewelry and stop them from getting tangled. You can then drop all those smaller bags into a larger plastic bag or container.
If you are looking for self-storage in Ottawa for your personal storage unit or business storage needs in the heart of Ottawa, then give us a call to discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage in Ottawa. We are conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau we are the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau.