Preparing For Storing Items In A Self-Storage Unit
Using a self-storage unit is a great way to keep your items safe and properly accounted for, no matter how long you plan to store it for. However, before you actually start your storage process with a self-storage unit, there are a number of things that you need to do in order to prepare for this. This article will show you the things you need to do before you store your belongings:
- Keep your destination location in mind when you begin organizing to move your items.
- Create a list of the supplies you will require to pack your belongings for their move. We’re talking about bubble wrap, boxes, tape, marking pens, etc.
- Make a trip to the storage facility of your choice and discuss with the workers or managers there, what you want to store. They can help you to choose the unit that’s the right size to fit your needs.
- Be sure to schedule your mover 30 to 45 days in advance of your move date.
- Never sign the lease unless you read it thoroughly and are comfortable with the rent payment, company policies and other essentials.
- Ensure that you know the size of the truck that the moving company will be using to carry your things. That way, you can find out if the truck can access to the unit.
If you are looking for self-storage in Ottawa for your personal storage unit or business storage needs in the heart of Ottawa then give us a call to discuss your storage locker options at Just Right Self Storage in Ottawa. We are conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa’s downtown core and only minutes away from Gatineau we are the number one source for storage in Ottawa and Gatineau.